Headlines

Wednesday 17 February 2016

From Grass to Grace: Meet Olajumoke Orisaguna!


Photographer Ty Bello was taking photos of British musician Tinie Tempah in Nigeria recently when a woman selling bread happened to unintentionally walk into her shot. Taken back by the woman’s beauty, Bello took to Instagram after the shoot in an attempt to find out more about her.
“I’m happy to help her build a portfolio if she’s interested,” she typed to her followers, adding, “I’ll find a way to track her down somehow.”
The woman was later identified as Olajumoke Orisaguna, a 27 year old local bread-seller, mother and wife. After being identified, Bello was able to get in contact and photograph her for the cover of This Day Style Magazine. Soon after the images made this local working mother a household name and one of the most sought after models in the industry.

The remarkable story of the bread seller-turned model Olajumoke Orisaguna continues as Stanbic IBTC unveiling the 27-year-old, as the face of their multinational bank on Monday, February 16.

A Nigerian online shopping brand, Pay Porte in an official ceremony has also signed Olajumoke Orisaguna, as it’s official 2016 campaign face.

A teary-eyed Olajumoke said she never expected her fortunes to turn around like this.
“I never expected that this could ever happen to me.”
“My friends have told me they saw me on TV and they are really happy. My parents cannot believe their own child can become such a success. They are all so happy,’’ she said.


  


No comments:

Post a Comment