Headlines

Sunday 27 March 2016

Bright Adjei wins CNN goal of the week

Aduana Stars striker Bright Adjei has emerged winner of CNN Goal of the Week after votes from fans.



Adjei, 20, netted a wonderful second-half volley in matchday five of Ghana Premier League against Ashanti Gold at the Len Clay Stadium, to cancel out Emmanuel Osei Baffour's first half penalty when he came on for Zakaria Mumuni.

Adjei polled 81 per cent of the total votes cast, beating Barcelona star Luis Suarez, who had 14 per cent, Javier Cortés of Mexican side Pumas and Celtic star Tom Rogic.

"I'm very happy to win this award. It really feels good to be recognized globally," Adjei told Goal.
"I believe this achievement will propel me to a different height. What really inspires me is beating Luis Suarez for the award because he is a global icon.
"It's my target to score at least 20 league goals before the season ends and I have 25 more matches to reach this ambition," 


Source:goal

No comments:

Post a Comment